Student ministry for 9th-12th graders: Students are raised up and developed as leaders here. On Sunday mornings we study the Bible together, and on Wednesday nights, students lead games, connection time, and great discussion of biblical concepts and Christian ideas as together we explore what a Christian worldview might look like in a changing world.
Faith Talk High School Sunday School takes place each Sunday morning at 9:50 upstairs in the Activity Center.
Youth Compass group meets on Wednesday nights from 7-8:30 in the same youth room during the school year.
Some of our major events include:
- “HEB Retreat”: The first weekend of each January we trek to the HEB Foundation Camp for Laity Renewal, a gorgeous retreat setting tucked into the hill country along the Frio River. We spent two nights in some of the most beautiful country you have ever seen with some of the most beautiful people you’ll ever spend time with. http://www.foundationfreecamps.org/
- Mission Trips: Each summer, Faith youth go on a servant trip to share God’s love for an intense and extended period of time away from the distraction of daily life. This summer we are staying at Hope Lutheran Church in Austin, Texas, serving the homeless community of Austin through LINC Austin and CAN-DO Missions. http://lincaustin.org/
- Gatherings: We also participate in Lutheran youth gatherings, events where larger groups of students meet together for time in fellowship together, the study of God’s Word, exploration of topics of interest, and time to serve and worship Jesus.
- National: Once every three years the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod hosts a gathering for all Lutheran high school students. In 2016 we are going to New Orleans, Louisiana July 16-20. www.lcmsgathering.com
- GloryBound: Once every three years, the Texas District of the Lutheran Church hosts state-wide district youth gathering for all Texas high school Lutherans. www.gloryboundtexas.org